Stensrud Lodge is a home, not unlike most homes. There are daily activities and chores, time spent enjoying a delicious meal and people coming and going. At Stensrud Lodge our focus is our residents. We support people with a variety of challenges and needs by providing assistance with their day-to-day living including nursing and spiritual care, social and recreational activities, physical and occupational therapy services, excellent meals and personal attention. Everything is done with the individual in mind. Stensrud Lodge contains a number of neighborhoods made up of residents, their families and the staff who work in each neighborhood. This model of living encourages the development of real relationships through meaningful contact, spontaneity, autonomy, joint-decision making, sharing of talents, activities, pet care and the ability to give and receive care. Stensrud Lodge is a 100-person accredited long-term care home located on McEown Avenue in the Nutana neighborhood of Saskatoon.
Admission to Stensrud Lodge is handled by the Client Patient Assessment Services (CPAS) of the Saskatoon Health Region, as all long-term care spaces are prioritized on a district-wide basis. Monthly charges are set by the Ministry of Health based on an individual’s income. Admissions are restricted to older adults who require assistance with all the activities of their daily living and who have been placed on the priority waiting list of CPAS, Saskatoon Health Region.
$1,129 – $2,800 per month as of April 1, 2019
- 24-hour nursing care
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Social and recreational activities including a wheelchair accessible van for outings
- Spiritual and compassionate care
- Medical care (provided by current family physician, or by a physician who regularly visits the home)
- Resident and family council
- Volunteer Program
- Library services provided by the Saskatoon Public Library
Fee for Service
- We Care foot care program
- Contracted pharmacy and laboratory services
- A guest suite is available in Eamer Court. Bookings may be made through Stensrud Lodge reception at (306) 373-5580 extension 221.
2202 McEown Avenue,
Saskatoon, SK S7J 3L6
Telephone: (306) 373-5580
Facsimile: (306) 477-0308
- The home is big and lovely with lots of light and sunshine. The caregivers are exceptional and are always welcoming to visiting family and friends. They are like family to Mother.
- Friendliness of staff, felling of being at "home", and cooperation of the staff all are great. There is no other place I know of that I would rather my family member be at this stage in life.
- The staff is excellent.