Porteous Lodge is a home, not unlike most homes. There are daily activities and chores, time spent enjoying a delicious meal and people coming and going. At Porteous Lodge our focus is our residents. We support people with a variety of challenges and needs by providing assistance with their day-to-day living including nursing and spiritual care, social and recreational activities, physical and occupational therapy services, excellent meals and personal attention. Everything is done with the individual in mind. Porteous Lodge contains a number of neighbourhoods made up of residents, their families and staff who work in each area. This model of living encourages the development of real relationships through meaningful contact, spontaneity, autonomy, joint-decision making, sharing of talents, activities, pet care and the ability to give and receive care. Porteous Lodge is a 95-person accredited long-term care home located on Avenue P North in the Mount Royal neighbourhood of Saskatoon.
Admission to Porteous Lodge is handled by the Client Patient Assessment Services (CPAS) of the Saskatoon Health Region, as all long-term care spaces are prioritized on a district-wide basis. Monthly charges are set by the Ministry of Health based on an individual’s income. Admissions are restricted to older adults who require assistance with all the activities of their daily living and who have been placed on the priority waiting list of CPAS, Saskatoon Health Region.
$1,101 – $2,727 per month
- 24-hour nursing care
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Social and recreational activities including a para-transit bus for outings
- Spiritual and compassionate care
- Medical care (provided by current family physicians, or by a physician who regularly visits the home)
- Single and shared rooms
- Resident and Family Council
- Volunteer Program
- Library services provided by the Saskatoon Public Library
Fee for Service
- We Care Foot Care Program
- Contracted pharmacy and laboratory services
833 Avenue P North
Saskatoon, SK S7L 2W5
Telephone: (306) 382-2626
Facsimile: (306) 382-2633
- The home is big and lovely with lots of light and sunshine. The caregivers are exceptional and are always welcoming to visiting family and friends. They are like family to Mother.
- Friendliness of staff, felling of being at "home", and cooperation of the staff all are great. There is no other place I know of that I would rather my family member be at this stage in life.
- The staff is excellent.